Badge

C 30

In RN colours

 

'DIPPER' was launched in 1943 as a German boom defence training tender (C- 30). In 1945 she was acquired by the RN under 'war reparations' and in 1948 re-named 'DIPPER'. She served as a mining tender, attached to 'HMS LOCHINVAR' and 'HMS VERNON'. In 1958 she was put in reserve at 'Port Edgar' and finally sold in 1960.

(Click photo to view)